A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
This is actually the third in the series. The first Bravely Default came out for 3DS in 2012. Its sequel, Bravely Second, followed in 2015. It also came out for the 3DS. Both were among the most popular RPGs for the portable.
This will be the first Bravely game for a home console. Square Enix also revealed that Revo, who made the incredible soundtrack for the first game but was missing for the second, is back as the composer.
Bravely Default takes its inspiration from classic Final Fantasy games, especially Final Fantasy V with its intricate job system. Bravely Default has a clever mechanic where players can stockpile turns for future use, resulting in huge bursts of offense.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties