A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Convergence stars Ekko, a character who can undo time. This game is a part of the new Riot Forge initiative to expand the League of Legends universe into more games and other media. It also announced Ruined King earlier in the show.
League of Legends is a MOBA that launched in 2009 and remains one of the most popular games in the world. It has millions of downloads, hundreds of thousands of players, and one of the strongest esports scenes in the world.
Double Stallion Games, a studio based in Montreal, is working with Riot on the project. It’s made three games, including Speed Brawl, a 2D combat-racer for consoles and mobile, and an OK K.O.! mobile game.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties