Take-Two Interactive announced today that Borderlands 3 sales are nearing the 8 million copies mark.
The new came during Take-Two’s latest earnings report. Borderlands 3 launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in September.
Anticipation for this game built up among fans thanks to the long wait between it and the previous installment in the franchise, the 2014 title Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Sales for the looter-shooter have been a bit front-loaded, with 5 million copies moving in Borderlands 3 first week.
Developer Gearbox has been releasing new content for Borderlands 3 since its launch. This includes the Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC pack, which came out in December.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties