Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Indie game publisher Raw Fury announced today that it will publish Backbone, a noir adventure game, for PC and consoles in earl 2021.
Backbone takes place in a dystopian, alternate history version of Vancouver. You also play an anthropomorphic raccoon. So, you know, weird stuff. Beautiful, beautiful weird stuff.
A free demo/prologue for Backbone is available already on Steam, so you don’t need to wait a year to get a feel for what the game is like. The demo has received over 130,000 downloads since its release in April 2019.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties