Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
On this week’s episode of How Games Make Money, host Jeff Grubb speaks with Spawn On Me founder Kahlief Adams. Spawn On Me is a podcast about people of color working in video games. Adams started the show six years ago, and he has slowly turned it into a small business.
For most of those six years, Adams spent money out of his own pocket to keep producing the podcast. And that’s often still true for Spawn On Me today. But Adams believes the show is important. And sometimes the story of running a business in the world of video games is about the hustles that haven’t yet paid off.
Follow the show
- Our home on Anchor
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Add our RSS feed to your pod catcher of choice
- Watch on YouTube
- Email: games+podcast.com
- Rate us on Apple Podcasts
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties