All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Nintendo announced Bravely Default II during the last Direct in December. We only got a short look at the title then, but today’s video presentation gave us a briefing on the game’s characters (along with an explanation of the franchise’s basic battle mechanics).
Don’t be confused, but this is actually the third game in the franchise. The original Bravely Default came out for the Nintendo 3DS in 2012, and it sold over 1 million copies. Bravely Second followed in 2015.
Nintendo noted in the Direct that it will be sending out surveys looking for feedback from the demo, which will then impact development of the main game.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties