Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Minecraft Dungeons is an action role-playing game take on the franchise. Four players can explore randomly generated dungeons together with up to four total players, and there won’t be any of the crafting that defines the original game.
The title was originally set for an April release. With everything going on in the world, it isn’t too surprising to see a slight delay.
The original Minecraft came out in 2011 and has become one of the most popular games of all time, selling over 180 million copies. Microsoft bought Minecraft developer Mojang in 2014 for $2.5 billion.
Even though Microsoft owns the franchise, it isn’t shy about releasing it competing platforms like PlayStation 4 and Switch. The Xbox One version, however, will be available through Xbox Game Pass.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties