All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Sony revealed Astro’s Playroom during its PlayStation 5 event today. Japan Studio and Team Asobi are working on the 3D platforming title.
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission was an outstanding VR 3D platformer for PlayStation 4. The trailer for this sequel, however, did not mention VR at all.
Just like with Rescue Mission, Astro interacts with an in-game controller. Of course, this time it is a PS5 pad.
The Astro character debuted in The Playroom, which was something like a showcase of AR capabilities for PlayStation 4. The title Astro’s Playroom seems to be a callback to that original game.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties