Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
The first Torchlight launched in 2009. The top-down action-RPG takes clear inspiration from Blizzard’s Diablo series, and its dev team even included veterans of Diablo creator Blizzard North. Torchlight II followed in 2012.
Torchlight III started life as Torchlight Frontiers. Originally, developer Echtra Games wanted to take the series in more of an MMO direction. In January, the studio revealed that it was reworking Frontiers into a more traditional Torchlight experience.
This early access version of Torchlight III costs $30.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties