Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Stalker 2 is still coming, which should come as a relief to fans of the series. The game made an appearance at the Xbox Games Showcase today, where Microsoft revealed it is a timed console exclusive. This means it will hit PC and Xbox, but not PlayStation, when the game eventually launches.
Stalker 2 is a followup to developer GSC Game World’s previous Stalker games that put players in the wastelands of a nuclear fallout (in this case, Chernobyl). The open-world adventures gave players the opportunity to explore an environment and make decisions on how to approach problems.
This is a big get for Microsoft. Stalker has a dedicated fanbase, but now that can expand beyond the confines of PC.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties