Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Microsoft debuted Warhammer 40,000: Darktide today during its Xbox Games Showcase. It will be a console exclusive for Xbox Series X when it launches in 2021.
The debut trailer showed four people coming into contact with a horde of zombie-like creatures. The game is from Fatshark, the same studio that made Warhammer: Vermintide.
Vermintide came out in 2015. A sequel followed in 2018. The games took their inspiration from Valve’s Left 4 Dead series, which has four players working together to fight zombies. Now that idea is moving from Warhammer’s medieval fantasy world to the sci-fi realm of Warhammer 40K.
Just like the Vermintide games, players will use a combination of melee and shooter abilities to take down their enemies.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties