A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Braid: Anniversary Edition had its reveal during today’s Sony State of Play presentation.
This updated version of the classic indie game is coming out in early 2021 for PlayStation 5. We may still hear about it coming out for other platforms.
The original version of Braid came out in 2008. It was one of the first major indie games to find success on a console, thanks to its Xbox Arcade release on the Xbox 360. This was an early age for digital games. Braid is a 2D sidescrolling platformer with an emphasis on time-altering puzzles. It also stands out thanks to its painterly art style and calming, ethereal music.
The anniversary edition includes updated pixel art, backgrounds, and animation. It also includes developer commentary.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties