A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
The original Spelunky came out in 2008 and became a hit thanks to its roguelike-inspired take on 2D exploration and action.
Spelunky 2 will debut on PlayStation 4 and PC. It adds new characters, enemies, and items. It will also support multiplayer with up to four players.
The sequel was announced back in 2017. Spelunky 2 was first going to come out in 2019, but it missed that date.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties