Vlambeer revealed today that it is closing shop, an announcement that comes on the independent game studio’s 10th anniversary.
Rami Ismail and Jan Willem Nijman started Vlambeer in 2010. The studio has created notable indie games like Luftrausers and Ridiculous Fishing, and it’s been a leader in the indie dev scene.
“This is not a sad day for us, as we both have plenty of plans for the future,” a statement from the studio reads on a Steam page promoting a sale of its games. “For today, we hope you join us in playing some video games, blowing up some inter-dimensional cops, collecting some crates, and violently shaking the screen.”
Vlambeer still has one game in development, UltraBugs. The studio noted that it will still release it.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties