Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Bravely Default II initially had a 2020 release window. It will be missing that mark by a couple of months. No reason was given for the delay, but as 2020 was nearing its end with no concrete date given for Bravely Default II’s release, this isn’t a surprising development.
This is actually the third game in this franchise. The original Bravely Default came out for the Nintendo 3DS in 2012 and sold over 1 million copies. Bravely Second followed in 2015. The series is similar to Square Enix’s Final Fantasy franchise, and even borrows the Job system that we’ve seen in games like Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy Tactics.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties