Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
The Game Awards have announced this year’s nominees, including the six that will be battling for Game of the Year.
This year’s show will stream on December 10. The Game Awards have become the highest-profile awards show for the industry, thanks in part to host Geoff Keighley and its inclusion of exciting game reveals. While past shows have taken place in front of a large audience, this year’s event will be virtual (but still live).
Here are the nominees for Game of the Year:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Doom: Eternal
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us Part II
Keighley also revealed the nominees for the other categories, including Best Score and Music, Best Performance, Best Multiplayer Game, and Games for Impact. You can find the full list of nominees here.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties