A lot happened in video games this week. Capcom got hacked. Jim Ryan isn’t aware of any complaints about storage. Nintendo’s lawyers were very active. But all the crew on the GamesBeat Decides podcast wants to talk about this week is Astro’s Playroom and their speedrunning feud. GamesBeat editors Jeff Grubb and Mike Minotti have been going back and forth in that game all week, and Jeff has decided to declare victory.
Jeff and Mike have also played some other games. That includes Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which Jeff hates. Mike’s getting into Yakuza: Like A Dragon, which he really likes. Join us for conversations about all of this and more, won’t you?
- Watch live Friday afternoons on YouTube
- Subscribe to the RSS
- Listen on Anchor.fm
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Find past episodes here
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties