BioWare is moving ahead with work on Dragon Age 4, and the proof is a new cinematic trailer. The studio debuted the brief glimpse of the next Dragon Age at The Game Awards tonight. The footage shows quick shots of various characters and locations.
But the trailer contains no actual gameplay. So this video is more about setting the mood for what players can expect. But you can watch it for yourself by clicking play on the tweet below:
Dragon Age 4 pic.twitter.com/o3iRCecT6f
— Jeff Grubb (@JeffGrubb) December 11, 2020
Note that the trailer itself refers to the game as “Dragon Age,” but it also features familiar characters like Solas. So it’s possible the game may get the Dragon Age name without going the reboot route. The first game in the series is Dragon Age: Origins, after all.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties