A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Developer Turtle Rock announced that Back 4 Blood, the spiritual successor to the Left 4 Dead series, is coming out on June 22. An alpha will launch next week, as the studio announced today at The Game Awards.
Turtle Rock created Left 4 Dead under Valve back in 2008. The game became popular thanks to its four-player cooperative shooting. It had one sequel in 2009, but the series has been surprisingly dormant since then.
This isn’t technically Left 4 Dead 3, but it’s probably as close as we’re ever going to get.
— Back4Blood (@back4blood) December 11, 2020
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
You can watch the new trailer above, which shows plenty of banter and zombie-shooting.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties