Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
We had so much fun making a tier list of Nintendo’s consoles last week that Jeff Grubb and I are back at it again with a topic that’s a bit more silly.
We’re ranking Sonic the Hedgehog’s friends.
Yup, we go through all of the notable anthropomorphic characters that have showed up in the Sega franchise over the years. While we do have to suffer through some atrocious creatures, we do find a few characters that we like (or, as Sonic would say, are way past cool).
Hopefully you enjoy the video, which you can watch above. And you can also make your own Sonic friends tier list here.
Next week, we’re planning to shift our focus back to Nintendo and rank the core Mario games. And no, this doesn’t include Yoshi’s Island.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties