A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
My cohort Jeff Grubb and I rank every game in the core Mario series. What does “core” mean? It’s whatever we say it means.
There is some logic to our process, which we explain in the video above. And, yes, few Mario games are “bad.” But there are a few entries in the franchise that provoke little more than shoulder shrugs.
If you want to make your own Mario tier list, you can follow this link.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties