With the Mass Effect trilogy coming together in a new remastered package on May 14, we thought that it would be fun to go through all of the playable squadmates from the three games and rank them in a tier list.
We put Commander Shepard’s stalwart crew into one of the five rankings: Mass Effect, Good Effect, Decent Effect, Little Effect, and No Effect. It soon became clear that a lot of our least favorite characters had one thing in common: humanity.
It’ll be fun to go through a new (well, not really new, but you know) adventure with this crew when Mass Effect: Legendary Edition comes out. Although I’m sure I’m still going to be sticking with my favorites, because it just isn’t Mass Effect for me if Garrus isn’t always by my side.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties