Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
The Square Enix game is still relatively new, having debuted less than a year ago on April 11, 2020. That makes this a pretty big deal, and it gives PlayStation Plus subscribers who haven’t checked out the high-profile remake yet an excuse to do so.
There is a catch, however. This is the PlayStation 4 version of the game, but getting this PlayStation Plus copy will not make you eligible for a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version when that launches on June 10.
The other March titles include:
- Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4)
- Farpoint (PS4 PSVR)
- Maquette (PS5)
Offering these free games helps Sony make its subscription, which enables online mutliplayer gaming, feel like a better value proposition. Microsoft does the same thing with Xbox Live Gold. Nintendo offers old SNES and NES games as a part of its Nintendo Switch Online service.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties