Where does your enterprise stand on the AI adoption curve? Take our AI survey to find out.
Square Enix revealed that its subsidiary Taito is working on a Space Invaders AR game for mobile.
Space Invaders is one of oldest and most classic arcade games ever, having debuted in 1978. This AR version will bring place those pesky alien spaceships in the same environment that you’re in (granted, you’re looking at your phone screen).
Mobile AR’s biggest game Pokémon Go, which is really more of a hit because of its use of real-world maps and the Pokémon brand. Minecraft had a go at mobile AR with Minecraft Earth, but Microsoft stopped development on that project this year.
Square Enix Montreal is developing Space Invaders AR with Taito.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties