Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Extremely OK Games, Ltd., has revealed the name of its next project: Earthblade. This will be the independent studio’s followup to 2018 hit Celeste.
Celeste is a 2D platformer with an emphasis on precision and puzzle-solving. It was also our Game of the Year for 2018.
Extremely OK notes that it took four prototypes to come up with Earthblade. We don’t know much about the game, with the studio wanting the project to remain mysterious until it is ready for a bigger reveal. But it has released a teaser site that includes a sample song from its soundtrack.
“Now it’s our job to turn this ephemeral, pristine mind-object into a real, imperfect and human actual-object,” Extremely OK founder Maddy Thorson said on the teaser site. “We’ll be here, slowly grinding away at that task every day.”
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties