Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Devolver Digital announced Demon Throttle, a retro top-down shooter that is coming to Switch in 2022. Oh, and it will only have a physical release. You will never be able to buy it digitally.
Doinksoft, the studio behind the black-and-white Metroidvania delight Gato Roboto, is the dev behind Demon Throttle.
So, why is it only available physically? Well, Devolver Digital loves to market its games with silly shenanigans. And in 2022, the idea of a game not having any kind of a digital release sounds very silly indeed. Maybe you can call it novel, and Demon Throttle may be enough of a novelty to sell well despite being limited to a physical release.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties