All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Nintendo is making a sequel to one of best-selling Switch games. Mario Party Superstars follows up Super Mario Party, and this time the franchise is pulling from its history for a best-of collection. The publisher describes this new Mario Party as a “superstar collection of … boards and minigames.”
Mario Party Superstars launches October 29, and collects together 5 boards from the Nintendo 64 era of Mario Party. Those levels include Peach’s Birthday Cake and Space Land. This game also supports online play at launch, which is a first for the franchise. Super Mario Party did not get online multiplayer until years after its release.
Nintendo is chasing the success of Mario Party on Switch here. The company sold more than 15 million copies of Super Mario Party.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties