A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
This makes sense for Sony, which has been bringing over some of its PlayStation hits — like Days Gone and Horizon: Zero Dawn — to PC via Steam. Sony has been busy on the acquisition front, announcing earlier this week that it is bringing in Returnal developer Housemarque.
Nixxes has worked exclusively on PC ports for Square Enix, including titles like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Marvel’s Avengers. The studio is based in The Netherlands.
We know that Sony wants to bring more of its games to PC, and with this acquisition, that task should get a bit easier.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties