Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale shooter. Its seasons introduce new content for players to unlock and buy, keeping them engaged (and more likely to spend money). Season 9 launched May 9. Season 10 kicked off August 3.
EA also noted that Apex Legends set a new record for peak daily players. The shooter debuted February 4, 2019, but it isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. It should continue to be a money maker for EA for some time yet.
Respawn Entertainment, Apex Legend’s developer, is something of a golden child at EA right now. Along with Apex Legends, the studio created a hit single-player game with 2019’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties