A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Developer Ready At Dawn announced today that is is delaying Lone Echo II, which was set to launch on August 24 for Oculus devices. It does not have a new release date, but it is coming later this year.
The original Lone Echo came out in 2017. It is one of the most critically acclaimed VR games out there, sporting an average review score of 89 on Metacritic. The series has players exploring a space station in zero gravity.
In a Medium post announcing the delay, Ready at Dawn noted, “it has become clear that we needed a bit more time to polish and reach our desired quality level.”
Facebook acquired Ready At Dawn in 2020. The studio was also responsible for the 2015 PlayStation 4 exclusive The Order: 1886.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties