Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
The Epic Games Store isn’t as large as Steam, but it still has 58 million monthly active users. If you’re trying to sell a game, you can attract a lot of eyes through the platform. Also, Epic Games offers an 88/12 cut in favor of developers on all sales. Steam’s cut changes depending on how much a game sells, but on average it is a 70/30 revenue split.
These new self-publishing tools aim to make it easier for developers to make product pages and setup systems like achievements. It should also make it simpler to upload new builds and updates.
Up until now, Epic’s internal team had to step in manually assist with each stage of the publishing process. The new self-publishing system should make the process faster.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties