A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
This will be the racing series’ PlayStation 5 debut and first installment since 2017’s Gran Turismo Sport. It’s the first numbered entry in the franchise since Gran Turismo 6 launched for the PlayStation 3 in 2013.
Gran Turismo used to be the king of racing sims, but its relative absence in recent years has enabled competitors like Forza Motorsport to take the lead. Gran Turismo 7 is a chance for the franchise to regain some of its prestige.
Gran Turismo 7 will also come out for PlayStation 4. Sony will offer a $10 upgrade path for those who later want the PS5 version. The series has garnered a reputation for realistic graphics and lifelike car models. The PlayStation 5 will help the franchise reach a new level of graphical fidelity.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties