A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
PlayStation 5 is your home for Marvel games. Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed Spider-Man 2 with a new trailer at the PlayStation Showcase event today. The game is due out in 2023. This Spider-Man game will join Marvel’s Wolverine, which Sony also announced during its broadcast.
A teaser trailer showed Spider-Mans (of the Peter Parker and Miles Morales varieties) fighting bad guys. The camera then pans to reveal Venom waiting in the alley.
This is a sequel to Insomniac’s 2018 Spider-Man and its 2020 Spider-Man: Miles Morales. It will pick up following the events of those games. And that means you will get to see the older, more established Peter Parker and a Miles Morales who has recently come into his own.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties