Did you click over here to give me a piece of your mind? You going to give me a good verbal thrashing n’ what for, for writing something you don’t agree with? Or, oh, you’re here just to look at my pretty face? Great! Well then, welcome! Pull up a seat. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
I’m being paid by VentureBeat to pound out words on a plastic keyboard. Hopefully, if luck is on my side, those words form sentences. If the odds are in our favor, those sentences will form coherent thought … opinions … perhaps facts as well!
As for what credentials I could possibly have to obtain the position of contributing key poker, I’ve been in the video game industry -- in one form or another -- since the mid to late 1990s. In that time I’ve written about games, published games, marketed games, developed games, and some times ... just as a personal treat ... I play games. Outside of GamesBeat, I’m also an indie game designer and artist -- although nothing you’ve probably heard of. You can catch up on what I'm doing outside of GamesBeat over here.
I may come off a little awkward, but be damned if I don’t have a sense of ethics.
I also push out a ton of articles, as you can see below, but here are some recent tidbits that I think you should check out:
- Gamers have so much to be thankful for, so don't focus on the crap
- For better or worse, consumer virtual reality is here with the Samsung Gear VR
- An Ex-California state prisoner's take on Prison Architect, the prison warden simulator
- Moto X: Pure Edition is a great upgrade, even if it screws up my one handed grip
- How SteelSeries CEO on working with Apple to design Nimbus controller for the Apple TV
- Lara Croft GO developer on designing turn based action games
- Balancing isn't easy part 1: Team Ninja on DOA5 in the competitive scene, sexual fantasy, and the future
- Balancing isn't east part 2: Team Ninja on tweaking Dead or Alive 5 Last Round