Were you unable to attend Transform 2022? Check out all of the summit sessions in our on-demand library now! Watch here.
Mobile devs need to get a grip … on their marketing spends.
GamesBeat has partnered with iSpot.tv, which measures TV advertising in real-time, to bring you a monthly report on how gaming brands are spending. The results below are for the top five spending gaming industry brands in November.
Gaming brands spent an estimated $101.8 million on TV ads in October. In total, 31 brands ran 117 ads 22,954 times on national TV, generating 4.21 billion TV ad impressions. This month’s leaderboard is once again dominated by console brands as the holiday season sets in.
Here’s how each of the top brands deployed their TV advertising budgets:
- Estimated $30.5 million spent on 13 commercials that ran 3,353 times.
- 833.2 million TV ad impressions.
- Top networks: ESPN, Fox, Comedy Central.
- Top shows: NFL football, college football, NBA basketball.
- Top ad: “The Best Place to Play.”
- Estimated $29.9 million spent on 16 commercials that ran 3,651 times.
- 733.6 million TV ad impressions.
- Top networks: ESPN, Comedy Central, NBC.
- Top shows: NFL football, college football, South Park.
- Top ad: 4K Ultra Blu-Ray.
- Estimated $9.4 million spent on 4 commercials that ran 2,997 times.
- 631.6 million TV ad impressions.
- Top networks: AMC, ESPN, NBA TV.
- Top shows: The Walking Dead, NFL Football, College Football.
- Top ad: “Dishonored 2: Award Winner.”
- Estimated $7.2 million spent on 10 commercials that ran 2,607 times.
- 357.9 million TV ad impressions.
- Top networks: Cartoon Network, Nick, Teen Nick.
- Top shows: SpongeBob SquarePants, Teen Titans Go!, The Loud House.
- Top ad: “Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: A World Beyond.”
- Estimated $3.4 million spent on 4 commercials that ran 206 times.
- 267.4 million TV ad impressions.
- Top networks: FOX, ESPN, Comedy Central.
- Top shows: NFL football, The Walking Dead, South Park.
- Top ad: “Watch Dogs 2: Anti-Heroes.”
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Learn more about membership.