Interested in learning what's next for the gaming industry? Join gaming executives to discuss emerging parts of the industry this October at GamesBeat Summit Next. Register today.
We’re two weeks into 2019, and the year finally decided to wake up. On this week’s episode of the GamesBeat Decides podcast, we look back at several big stories that all broke in the last couple of days.
Co-hosts Jeffrey Grubb and Mike Minotti talk Activision and Bungie splitting up. That includes the future of Destiny, Blizzard, and more. They also dive into the beef between Unity and Improbable before covering the bizarre fight between Gearbox and one of its former lawyers.
Join us, won’t you?
You can download the episode here. Or click play below:
Here’s everything we talk about:
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Red Dead Redemption II
- PUBG Vikendi
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story
The big topic:
- Bungie splits with Activision
- Unity and Improbable beef
- Ubisoft takes The Division 2 to Epic Games Store but not Steam
- Gearbox lawyer sues Randy Pitchford
- PS4 sales surpass 91.6 million
- AMD Radeon VII
- Linux gamers are bad, and they should feel bad
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen comes to Switch
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.