We're thrilled to announce the return of GamesBeat Next, hosted in San Francisco this October, where we will explore the theme of "Playing the Edge." Apply to speak here and learn more about sponsorship opportunities here. At the event, we will also announce 25 top game startups as the 2024 Game Changers. Apply or nominate today!
We are close to 100-percenting 2018. The only thing we have left to do to get the platinum trophy is hand out some awards. So we got the crew together on the GamesBeat Decides podcast to talk GamesBeat Rewind 2018.
On this episode, we’re inventing a bunch of awards to give out to some of the best games of the year.
You can listen by clicking play right here:
Here are the award categories this year:
GamesBeat Next 2023
Join the GamesBeat community in San Francisco this October 24-25. You’ll hear from the brightest minds within the gaming industry on latest developments and their take on the future of gaming.
- The Award for “Let’s play this game so I can make a cool YouTube video”
- The Missing Dungeon Master Award
- Best Apocalypse of the Year
- Best Boozy Game of the Year
- Best History Repeating Game
- Best Throwing Game of the Year
- Best Mardi Gras of the Year
- Best Mining Contraption
- Best Chat with a God while being a Pirate
- Best Izzet My New Groove Award
- The best game for living gods
- The “Oh, hello. OK, Bye!” Award
- The Video Game Ass Video Game Award
- The Stan Lee Memorial Award for Not Being Ashamed of What You Are
- Best overshadowed retro game
- The best Mega Man game since Mega Man 10
- Best game I thought I would hate but didn’t (GOOD)
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.