Check out the on-demand sessions from the Low-Code/No-Code Summit to learn how to successfully innovate and achieve efficiency by upskilling and scaling citizen developers. Watch now.
Career website Glassdoor today released its 2016 report on the “Highest Paying Jobs In Demand.” In the list of the top 25 U.S. jobs, 11 were in tech — more than any other industry (health care and finance were next in line, with three jobs each).
Glassdoor’s list is ordered by average base salary (not to be confused with the top jobs list). For a job title to be considered, it had to receive at least 75 salary reports shared by U.S.-based employees over the past year.
Without further ado, here are the U.S. tech jobs that made the cut:
- Software Development Manager
- Software Architect
- IT Manager
- Solutions Architect
- Applications Development Manager
- Systems Architect
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Product Manager
- Analytics Manager
- Information Systems Manager
The first four tech jobs placed in the top 10 of the full list. Software development manager was No. 1 in tech, and it placed fourth overall. Software architect was second in tech but seventh overall, and IT manager was third in tech but ninth overall. Product manager was found to be the highest in demand.
Glassdoor’s report is based on what employees anonymously say about their employer. Job openings per job title (normalized to account for similar titles for the same position) were counted by adding up the total number posted on Glassdoor over the past three months.
Here is the full list of 25 highest-paying jobs in the U.S.:
- Physician: 2,064 job openings, $180,000 average base salary
- Lawyer: 995 job openings, $144,500 average base salary
- Research & Development Manager: 112 job openings, $142,120 average base salary
- Software Development Manager: 3,495 job openings, $132,000 average base salary
- Pharmacy Manager: 1,766 job openings, $130,000 average base salary
- Strategy Manager: 701 job openings, $130,000 average base salary
- Software Architect: 655 job openings, $128,250 average base salary
- Integrated Circuit Designer Engineer: 165 job openings, $127,500 average base salary
- IT Manager: 3,152 job openings, $120,000 average base salary
- Solutions Architect: 2,838 job openings, $120,000 average base salary
- Engagement Manager: 1,452 job openings, $120,000 average base salary
- Applications Development Manager: 263 job openings, $120,000 average base salary
- Pharmacist: 4,502 job openings, $118,000 average base salary
- Systems Architect: 439 job openings, $116,920 average base salary
- Finance Manager: 2,582 job openings, $115,000 average base salary
- Data Scientist: 1,985 job openings, $115,000 average base salary
- Risk Manager: 1,137 job openings, $115,000 average base salary
- Creative Director: 696 job openings, $115,000 average base salary
- Actuary: 175 job openings, $115,000 average base salary
- Data Architect: 762 job openings, $113,000 average base salary
- Tax Manager: 1,495 job openings, $110,000 average base salary
- Product Manager: 7,758 job openings, $107,000 average base salary
- Design Manager: 510 job openings, $106,500 average base salary
- Analytics Manager: 988 job openings, $106,000 average base salary
- Information Systems Manager: 147 job openings, $106,000 average base salary
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.