Mochi Media is in a unique place to measure the popularity of Flash-based web games. That’s because it measures usage and inserts ads into the most popular games in its network of more than 75 million monthly game players. Based on Mochi Media’s analytics technology, these were the most popular games of the year. The cool thing about this list is its “fight the power” theme. There are no giant companies here and these games probably made some poor midnight programmer into a rich person, thanks to the ad revenue associated with a lot of game plays.
1. Bloons, created by Ninja Kiwi.
2. Hotel Online, created by Realore Studios.
3. Bubble Struggle 2, created by Krešimir Cvitanović.
4. Papa’s Pizzeria, created by Flipline Studios.
5. Fancy Pants Adventures 2 by Borne Games.
6. Tower Bloxx by Digital Chocolate.
7. Cube Crash by Ocean Breeze Games.
8. Bricks Breaking by Novel Games, distributed by MindJolt Games.
9. Paris Oh Paris by Shaun’s Flights.
10. Stunt Dirt Bike by YouGame.com.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.