Connect with top gaming leaders in Los Angeles at GamesBeat Summit 2023 this May 22-23. Register here.


The North remembers. So do, apparently, Game of Thrones: Conquest players — in this case, they’re remembering their wallets as the final season of HBO’s smash show gets underway.

Mobile market research firm Sensor Tower said today that Games of Thrones: Conquest spent $19 million in April, more than they’ve ever spent in the mobile strategy game from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (which is also having success with Mortal Kombat 11, a recent console launch). This is a whopping 90 percent year-over-year increase from April 2018. It’s best month previously was in March at an estimated $17 million.

It’s unprecedented growth for a TV or movie licensed game, said Sensor Tower founder Alex Malafeev.

“The growth in spending we’re seeing for this title versus the same month last year is a standout among licensed games based on television and film properties,” he said. “Just for comparison, the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in December 2016 drove a 61% year-over-year increase in spending in EA’s Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.”

Event

GamesBeat Summit 2023

Join the GamesBeat community in Los Angeles this May 22-23. You’ll hear from the brightest minds within the gaming industry to share their updates on the latest developments.


Register Here

According to Sensor Tower, overall spending in Conquest is now at an estimated $214 million worldwide on 12 million downloads — an average of nearly $18 a download.

GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.