We're thrilled to announce the return of GamesBeat Next, hosted in San Francisco this October, where we will explore the theme of "Playing the Edge." Apply to speak here and learn more about sponsorship opportunities here. At the event, we will also announce 25 top game startups as the 2024 Game Changers. Apply or nominate today!
The group of 11 startups was chosen from almost 1,700 applicants, and it includes companies focusing on social outreach for religious communities, collecting customer data for stores, and bringing pet owners together. Eugene Chung, the new managing director for TechStars NYC (replacing David Tisch, who left the role last year) noted that the acceptance rate for this class was just 0.6 percent.
Chung will be co-managing the spring class with TechStars’ Nicole Glaros, who served as interim managing director for TechStars NYC since Tisch’s departure.
“More than ever, our applicant pool reflects the global reach of TechStars and the infusion of technology in the cultural zeitgeist of societies around the world,” Chung wrote in a blog post. “The movie The Social Network has become the Wall Street of our generation. This is true not just for America but for the world at large. Some of the brightest minds of our era are choosing to become entrepreneurs.”
Check out the TechStars NYC spring 2013 companies below:
- AdYapper: Transparency and analytics to cut wasted ad spend.
- Dash Labs: Connected car platform.
- FaithStreet: Social outreach platform for faith communities.
- Jukely: 2-tap concert concierge.
- Klooff: Uniting pet lovers around the world.
- Placemeter: Smart in-store sensors capturing customer data.
- Plated: Redefining the way we eat.
- Sketchfab: Publish, share, and embed interactive 3D models.
- TriggerMail: Intelligent ecommerce emails.
- Validation Board: Quantifying innovation and testing ideas for enterprises.
- weeSpring: Community for new parents built around the people they trust most.
Photo: Devindra Hardawar/VentureBeat
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.