Were you unable to attend Transform 2022? Check out all of the summit sessions in our on-demand library now! Watch here.
This week, Tech.eu tracked 16 technology M&A transactions and 44 funding deals (totaling €103 million, about $115 milllion) in Europe, Turkey and Israel.
Here’s an overview of the 10 biggest European tech news items for this week:
1) Brexit continued to dominate the news cycle this week. There seems to be a consensus around the idea that Brexit will have a significant impact on the European and UK technology ecosystem, although many industry the say that the best thing entrepreneurs and investors can do is to keep coding on and to take advantage of the opportunities that will be created.
3) Another week, another big exit in Israel: Cisco has acquired security company CloudLock for $293 million.
4) Klarna, one of Europe’s most highly valued tech startups, raised $35.2 million in debt financing to push the gas pedal in the UK and US.
5) Uber says it now has more than 2 million regular users in London.
6) Paris-based Partech Ventures closes €400 million in financing for its growth fund.
7) Siemens announced a new innovation and startups unit dubbed ‘next47’, with €1 billion in funding over five years.
9) European officials are expected to approve a new agreement with the US aimed at helping companies move online data between the two regions.
Bonus link: Inside Audi, BMW and Daimler’s $3 billion bet on HERE’s mapping business.
Subscribe to the weekly Tech.eu Newsletter here.
This post first appeared on Tech.eu.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Learn more about membership.