Advanced, smart home monitoring system offers users complete coverage and control of content
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–April 6, 2016–
YI Technology Inc. (“YI”), an international imaging technology leader and maker of world-wide best selling home monitoring systems, today announced the upcoming launch of its second generation home monitoring system. The YI Home Camera 2™ is the world’s first intelligent home video monitoring system that offers users complete coverage and control of all of their content, whether monitoring children, pets, homes or businesses. The dramatically enhanced YI Home Camera 2 features an advanced Ambarella (NASDAQ:AMBA) camera processor and will soon be available for $129.99 on YITechnology.com and Amazon.com.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160406005237/en/
The YI Home Camera 2 from YI Technology offers interactive recognition features, YI’s new Smart Video technology, and complete user control and ownership of all content. (Photo: Business Wire)
“To learn what users truly want in a smart home monitoring system, we spent thousands of hours on research and development listening to feedback from our 3.5 million active users in 10 international markets, and closely examined the challenges with alternative solutions,” said Sean Da, co-founder and CEO of YI Technology. “We know that people are looking for three things – content, coverage and control. But until now, they have had to compromise at least one of those features in order to get the other two. People should not have to make trade-offs when it comes to achieving peace of mind about the things most important to them.”
With the YI Home Camera 2, users own all of the content captured by their device and have complete control over how it is stored and accessed. Users can view live-stream content from the YI Home app, or access their locally stored content history on the included MicroSD card. Content storage and access is free. In the future, YI will offer an optional U.S.-based cloud video service.
The YI Home Camera 2 delivers the highest quality video in the most useful and practical way. Its sleek design houses an advanced Ambarella S2LM HD IP camera SoC (System on Chip), providing clear images even in challenging lighting conditions and with very low bitrates.
“YI Technology’s Home Camera 2 addresses consumer demand for a home security camera that gives users control of their content and allows them to connect a number of cameras throughout their homes or businesses,” said Fermi Wang, president and CEO of Ambarella. “Ambarella’s S2LM IP Camera SoC plays an integral part by offering Full HD video capture and a powerful platform for YI Technology’s advanced analytics.”
Specs and Features
With the YI Home Camera 2, users will experience significant upgrades to viewing and sound quality, camera angles, and recognition features compared to the existing YI Home Camera, a number one best seller on Amazon since its launch in December 2015. Key features include:
- Smart Video Technology: The YI Home Camera 2 features cutting edge Smart Video technology, YI’s proprietary imaging and video analytics technology. This ensures that the video and audio that users want, is captured in the highest fidelity and delivered in the most useful, practical way. A full HD 1080P Panasonic™ CMOS sensor combined with Ambarella’s S2LM™ IP camera SoC deliver high quality, low bit rate H.264 video.
- Picture Quality: The YI Home Camera 2 increases the viewing angle by roughly 20 percent, further expands viewing coverage and reduces blind spots with a 130° ultra-wide angle lens. It also offers sophisticated features such as a HDR, lens distortion correction and infrared LED night vision.
- Audio / Voice Quality: YI Home Camera 2 applies the latest audio encoding technology to produce higher sound quality and eliminate environmental noise. The two-way audio feature supports a sampling rate of up to 48 KHz.
- Gesture Detection: A user in the home can automatically send a 10-second video to a remote user’s mobile device by following a simple gesture. The user raises an arm with a palm fully opened in front of the camera; the camera acknowledges presence with a voice prompt and the user closes his or her fist. Upon completing the sequence, the camera will start recording the video and send it to the accompanying app.
- Human Detection: The YI Home Camera 2 is able to recognize a human figure and filter out non-human objects or activities that generate false alerts, thus reducing irrelevant alerts triggered by environmental factors. Intelligent vision analysis algorithms only send alerts when appropriate movement is detected.
- iOS and Android App: The accompanying YI Home app provides a live view of multiple cameras and can be scaled to an unlimited number of units, rooms, homes and remote locations. Users can receive alerts on multiple devices, manage and customize preferences and securely store and manage all content.
- Baby Crying Detection: The YI Home Camera 2 will be able to detect the sound of a baby crying and will send an alert to the user’s mobile device.
The YI Home Camera 2 is one solution in YI Technology’s growing range of offerings, which also includes action cameras. It is part of the company’s mission to offer the world’s very best imaging technology at great value and to make it practical and personal for real people to use every day.
Pricing & Availability
The YI Home Camera 2 will soon be available to purchase in the U.S. for $129.99 on YITechnology.com and Amazon.com with a 32GB Micro SD card included. For the same price as one of a competitor’s products, users can purchase multiple YI’s to cover an entire home or office. YI will begin to release the YI Home Camera 2 in other international markets throughout 2016.
About YI Technology
YI Technology is a leading, international provider of advanced, intelligent imaging technologies, products, services and platforms. Our development team consists of industry-leading experts from US, China, Japan and Israel with several decades of combined experience in imaging technology, algorithms, data analysis, cloud computing and mobile applications. We are committed to using innovative technology to make everyday life safer, richer and more fun.
We believe that the very best imaging and sensing technology should be easy and accessible to everyone. With our passion, hard work and commitment to combining the highest quality technology solutions with value, we can provide millions of users of all ages from every corner of the world with peace of mind, and inspire greater connection between families, friends and communities.
For more information visit www.yitechnology.com
Find us on social:
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Learn more about membership.