VentureBeat’s sales team is growing! With the recently announced VB Insight, we have even more to offer our clients. We are seeking a Director of Sales who will work with clients in identifying their needs and problems in order to promote the best selection of company products and services.
- Manages and grows existing accounts
- Sells additional services to clients
- Builds and maintains effective professional relationships with clients
- Contacts and visits clients to help them better understand company products and services
- Handles queries about company products and services
- Meets customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- 7-10 years of experience required, with 10+ years preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Deep understanding of display media
- Understands how to sell Events
- Relationships with marketers within the technology ecosystem
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively engage in conversations with clients
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
- Experience with Salesforce
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required
VB hosts some of the hottest events in Silicon Valley. You name it, we’re hitting the big trends — growth, games & mobile. Billion-dollar deals can be done at these conferences. We’re looking for a Vice President of Events based in San Francisco to help us manage this growing roster of events. We currently produce six flagship events a year: three “Beats” which range from 600-1000 attendees, and three Summit events that attract about 200 C-level executives & are invitation only. In 2015, we also launched a series of roadshows throughout North America (Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, etc.) to showcase the results of VB Insight, our new initiative that promises to change the way research is done. This includes the publishing of unparalleled data-driven reports about technology.
The position manages a Director of Events (Production), two event coordinators, Event Speaker Manager and event contractors as needed.
- Event Innovation and Management
Work closely with product leadership peers, the research organization, sales and marketing to innovate, streamline, and strengthen our Events offering. Set and execute on an industry-leading product strategy aimed at achieving excellent customer experience and product growth. This role will challenge the idea of traditional events and differentiate VB’s event experiences from those of our competitors.
- Create an effective events strategy for VB that maximizes revenues, branding, and client satisfaction.
- Plan and produce the events calendar.
- Provide a strategic perspective on the future of the event experience for our clients.
- Lead content development for and execute on the logistics of all events.
- Plan and manage the events budget. She/he will have previous P&L leadership experience.
- Ensure the consistency of events under the VB brand.
- Bring a client-centric, future-oriented, and commercial mindset driving improved customer experience and business/financial results.
- Be a champion for and drive the go-to-market strategy.
- Manage a team comprising events sales, production, operations, logistics, and content strategy professionals.
Successful candidates should have:
- 10-15 years progressive events management experience.
- A background in event strategy and operations, events management, and leadership — preferably in an innovation-oriented or technology-based organization.
- A strong point of view, steeped in experience, on how to innovate events.
- Strong strategic skills and thought leadership with a proven track record of building an innovative event product strategy and leading the implementation of that strategy.
- Credibility to provide clients with direct value. You must be customer-focused.
- Compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong connecting, partnering, and influencing skills — getting the most and best out of relationships; keeping people informed; and influencing and partnering to ensure success.
- An undergraduate degree; an advanced degree is a strong preference.
VB hosts some of the hottest events in Silicon Valley. You name it, we’re hitting the big trends — growth, games & mobile. Billion-dollar deals can be done at these conferences. We’re looking for a Director of Events based in San Francisco to help us manage this growing roster of events. We currently produce six flagship events a year: three “Beats” which range from 600-1000 attendees, and three Summit events that attract about 200 C-level executives & are invitation only. In 2015, we also launched a series of roadshows throughout North America (Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, etc.) to showcase the results of VB Insight, our new initiative that promises to change the way research is done. This includes the publishing of unparalleled data-driven reports about technology.
The position manages two event coordinators, and event contractors as needed.
Event Planning, Budgeting and Production
- Manage pre-event details such as venue research, competitive event analysis, site selection, and venue contract negotiation.
- Solid understanding of event production (AV, stage management, event registration systems such of Eventbrite etc.).
- Oversee coordinators in management of event websites in WordPress. Collaborate with Marketing & Engineering to roll out improvements or upgrades to event websites as needed.
- Manage external vendors (registration day-of staff, AV, photographer/videographer, and other outside contractors as needed).
- Manage projected event budgets & final budget reconciliation after all events. Work with CMO to sign all event contracts, and AP to pay all invoices & vendors.
- Handle onsite event details such as back stage production, meeting room setup, oversee registration team, serve as primary point of contact for venue, and oversee event coordinators.
- Serve as primary point of contact for between 50-100 speakers per event. Organize speaker logistics, coordination, and communications (working closely with marketing)
- Draft & edit attendee communications, speaker correspondence, and work with marketing on communications/e-blasts.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Proof event deck, write event scripts, and write remarks for internal speakers as needed.
- Coordinate with internal teams to create event-related marketing posts (using WordPress), as well as display event marketing
- Collaborate with marketing team on all event signage & promotional materials.
Successful candidates should have:
- At least 2 – 3 years experience managing direct reports
- 7 – 10 years experience of managing events with progressive responsibilities & duties
- Experience with planning, managing & marketing paid events (including experience with ticket sales, pricing & promotion strategy).
- Experience collaborating with a sales team to meet their clients’ goals & needs — with event add-ons and ideas to help elevate event sponsorships.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking, excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high level of professionalism.
- Experience working with external vendors, contractors, and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree
At VentureBeat, we are building software to instantly deliver data driven information for everyone. We are looking for someone who has an eye for detail, writes elegant code, and understands the importance of getting features shipped. Work with us to implement, test, and deliver the best experiences across all our platforms.
As a Front End Engineer, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications as part of an engineering scrum team. You will analyze upcoming features to identify opportunities to enhance quality and the UX for our users. You will collaborate and deliver code in a fast-paced environment while leveraging your knowledge of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks.
- Work within the Engineering team to map out features and improvements to our user experience
- Identify new features and improve UX to delight users
- Simultaneously collaborate on multiple projects
- Design, implement and unit test application code.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Stay current with new technologies and make recommendations on implementation.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
Successful candidates should have:
- Strong Written and oral communication and ability to discuss core concepts of feature implementation
- Understanding of UX patterns and user behaviors
- Proficiency writing clean, functional code
- Understanding of coding style, fundamentals, and best practices
- Excellent Debugging skills: ability to recognize patterns in failures
- Full stack web application testing
- Working knowledge of JIRA or other issue tracking applications
- Cross-browser testing experience
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language and Git
- Highly collaborative team player
- Basic understanding of agile principles and process
- Knowledge of Ruby, NodeJS, and/or PHP a plus!
- 3 to 4 years Front-end experience, or equivalent degree