With over 8 million active readers, VentureBeat has emerged as a leading source for news about technology. Our goal is to help individuals and business leaders to get ahead by explaining the most widely impacting technologies affecting our lives, such as mobile devices to business software.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, VentureBeat seeks to have a strong brand, voice, and point of view. We’re a young, creative, collaborative, and energetic team.
We’re looking to hire world-class people and keep them happy and productive once they’re here.
VentureBeat is on the hunt for a passionate and consultative Account Executive to help sell big, custom campaigns and integrated marketing solutions to leading business and technology brands. This is about driving VentureBeat’s online, custom, and events business — already at the epicenter of the startup ecosystem and wider digital-tech revolution — to greater heights.
The role is at the heart of our organization: Advertising and sponsorship sales for VentureBeat’s website, events, and custom content marketing solutions ensure our success and continued growth. There’s a major growth opportunity here with huge market potential.
The position is located in San Francisco in our offices situated in the center of the financial district but will require some travel.
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close, selling VB’s full suite of digital advertising products and event sponsorships
- Fully understand and convey VB’s value proposition as well as relevant target clients
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Provide continual cross-departmental input in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Properly document and track all prospect and customer information in Salesforce.com
- Provide weekly sales forecasts to leadership team
- Meet assigned sales quotas
- 4+ years of technology sales experience in a revenue-closing role with proven attainment — strong preference given to those with familiarity with digital media landscape
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Experience attending and selling event sponsorships is a plus
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn and grow
- College degree
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Head of AI community and video content
We are looking for an innovative, creative, entrepreneurial video producer who can help us augment our video content in our target areas of artificial Intelligence and other emerging transformative technologies.
Responsibilities include two areas of focus:
- Driving overall video content strategy with clear metrics of success around monetization and building audience/community
- Creating video content that supports our editorial focus and augments engagement through our various social channels and on our site
- Driving a process across the organization to streamline and increase our video content and video products for advertising
- Review audience data on a regular basis to better understand what content is in demand by our community and produce to fulfill this need
- Creating opportunities to break video news or provide video analysis of breaking news
- Supplementing our video production as appropriate by partnering with video content providers such as Video Elephant and working with Engineering to ensure smooth implementation with video player.
- For all aspects of work tracking ROI for video content production and presenting to management team
Monitoring our growing AI community:
- Segmentation of the community (including definition and selection of topics and formats relevant for each community
- Making sure we get liquidity, in the form of comments/engagement/guest posts, on the forum, and providing feedback about ways to improve that liquidity
- Setting up hypotheses and goals for said liquidity.
- Review data on what guest posts and topics are doing well with our community, and providing feedback to editorial team about about what new stories to write, and also which guest posts to promote to main feed (where they get socialized fully, etc).
- 5 – 10 yrs. experience working for digital editorial publication
- 5+ years experience in videography and production of videos
- Solid understanding of video publishing trends in industry
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.