With over 8 million active readers, VentureBeat has emerged as a leading source for news about technology. Our goal is to help individuals and business leaders to get ahead by explaining the most widely impacting technologies affecting our lives, such as mobile devices to business software.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, VentureBeat seeks to have a strong brand, voice, and point of view. We’re a young, creative, collaborative, and energetic team.
We’re looking to hire world-class people and keep them happy and productive once they’re here.
VentureBeat is on the hunt for a passionate and consultative Account Executive to help sell big, custom campaigns and integrated marketing solutions to leading business and technology brands. This is about driving VentureBeat’s online, custom, and events business — already at the epicenter of the startup ecosystem and wider digital-tech revolution — to greater heights.
The role is at the heart of our organization: Advertising and sponsorship sales for VentureBeat’s website, events, and custom content marketing solutions ensure our success and continued growth. There’s a major growth opportunity here with huge market potential.
The position is located in San Francisco in our offices situated in the center of the financial district but will require some travel.
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close, selling VB’s full suite of digital advertising products and event sponsorships
- Fully understand and convey VB’s value proposition as well as relevant target clients
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Provide continual cross-departmental input in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Properly document and track all prospect and customer information in Salesforce.com
- Provide weekly sales forecasts to leadership team
- Meet assigned sales quotas
- 4+ years of technology sales experience in a revenue-closing role with proven attainment — strong preference given to those with familiarity with digital media landscape
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Experience attending and selling event sponsorships is a plus
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn and grow
- College degree
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Account Executive”.
Head of AI Events Content
VentureBeat is seeking a leader to head up content for our events focused on artificial intelligence. The Head of AI Events Content will report directly to the CEO and will oversee speaker recruitment and content planning for VentureBeat’s portfolio of events, including Transform.
In this role, you will help determine the overarching themes for each of VentureBeat’s events and liaise with internal VB stakeholders in sales, marketing, and editorial.
You will also be responsible for proactively reaching out to top-tier executives and speakers, reviewing speaker submissions, ranking potential speakers, and securing selected speakers for each of VentureBeat’s events.
- 10 years of industry experience, preferably with experience in the tech space
- Strong familiarity with trends around data, AI, and cloud
- Experience securing C-level speakers for technology events
- Extensive personal network of executives, PR agencies, and representatives at top companies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence and articulate value in partnerships
- Passion for AI and transformative technologies
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Project management skills
- Strategy expertise a plus
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head of AI Events Content Position” and your name in the subject line.