With over 8 million active readers, VentureBeat has emerged as a leading source for news about technology. Our goal is to help individuals and business leaders to get ahead by explaining the most widely impacting technologies affecting our lives, such as mobile devices to business software.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, VentureBeat seeks to have a strong brand, voice, and point of view. We’re a young, creative, collaborative, and energetic team.
We’re looking to hire world-class people and keep them happy and productive once they’re here.
VentureBeat is seeking a passionate and consultative Account Executive to help sell big, custom campaigns and integrated marketing solutions to leading business and technology brands. The Account Executive will help drive VentureBeat’s online, custom, and events business, already at the epicenter of the startup ecosystem and wider digital-tech revolution, to further heights.
The role is at the heart of our organization: Advertising and sponsorship sales for VentureBeat’s website, events, and custom content marketing solutions ensure our success and continued growth. There’s a major growth opportunity here with lots of market potential. The position is located in San Francisco but will require some travel.
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close selling VB’s full suite of digital advertising products and event sponsorships
- Fully understand and convey VB’s value proposition as well as relevant target clients
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Provide continual cross-departmental input in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Properly document and track all prospect and customer information in Salesforce.com
- Provide weekly sales forecasts to leadership team
- Meet assigned sales quotas
- 3+ years of technology sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven attainment
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Familiarity with digital media landscape is preferred
- Experience attending and selling event sponsorships is a plus
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn and grow
- College degree
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.