With over 8 million active readers, VentureBeat has emerged as a leading source for news about technology. Our goal is to help individuals and business leaders to get ahead by explaining the most widely impacting technologies affecting our lives, such as mobile devices to business software.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, VentureBeat seeks to have a strong brand, voice, and point of view. We’re a young, creative, collaborative, and energetic team.
We’re looking to hire world-class people and keep them happy and productive once they’re here.
Digital Account Manager
VentureBeat, Silicon Valley’s top tech publication, is looking for a digital account manager. They will be a key member of our efforts to delight customers by ensuring overdelivery on campaigns.
In this client-facing role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the entire fulfillment process on assigned clients by working with internal and external cross-functional teams. This includes onboarding new clients and establishing strong client relationships, flawless execution of campaign elements, and detailed reporting on completed campaigns.
Daily duties include scheduling, testing, implementing, tracking and reporting on integrated campaigns, which can include display advertising, content marketing, email marketing, lead gen, newsletter sponsorships, and webinar campaigns. The role also includes setting up new campaigns in SalesForce and ensuring information remains current.
High-level responsibilities include the ability to manage, retain, and grow trusted client relationships and the ability to strategically problem-solve and propose solutions as client questions or issues arise.
To succeed in this role, your attention to detail must be exceptionally high, and you must have strong project and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively. You must also have strong written and oral communication skills that engender trusted, friendly relationships with clients while at the same time demonstrating your knowledge and expertise.
- Become a VB product expert across all of our advertising products
- Manage the execution and tracking of a large number of concurrent campaigns on behalf of VentureBeat advertisers – including display advertising, branded content, webinars, social campaigns, email blasts, and newsletter sponsorships – with the ability to multi-task and pivot quickly
- Act as primary point of contact for sales support for any campaign issues
- Communicate daily with sales, content, product, and adops teams with regard to campaign status, performance, and execution
- Work closely with the events sponsorship manager to execute any digital components on VB event sponsorships
- Setup, schedule, and establish new campaigns in SalesForce
- Ensure SalesForce is kept up to date with any revenue movement being documented and communicated
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure proper revenue recognition on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Train new employees on our processes, products and company structure as needed.
- Ensure the successful launch of campaigns upon receiving a signed IO from a client, including onboarding new clients and leading kickoff meetings
- Provide exceptional client support by being a trusted expert, offering business and product recommendations as needed and problem solving any issues that arise
- Ensure all materials and information details are collected from the client, sales reps, and internal teams for a successful campaign (materials may include, but are not limited to ad creative, pixels, tags, sponsored content material, newsletter insertions, social copy, email html, etc.)
- Develop work-back schedules and client tracking docs for major client campaigns
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients throughout campaign duration (which includes sharing status updates, addressing and resolving issues, providing required reports, etc.)
- Create client reporting with all relevant metrics that communicates campaign delivery and identifies success highlights
- Ensure client and campaign information is current and in Salesforce.com
- Review campaign reports, success metrics, and discrepancies
- Monitor campaigns to ensure full delivery and troubleshoot delivery discrepancies
- Throughout, nurture client relationships to grow and renew their business with VentureBeat
- 3+ years of prior experience in a client-facing account management role in the digital marketing and/or AdOps fields at either a publisher or agency (this experience is a must-have)
- Enjoy the technology space
- Understanding of direct-sold digital media campaigns
- Exceptional multi-tasking, project and time managements skills
- Facility to problem solve and think strategically on behalf of clients
- High level of functionality in Microsoft office – especially Excel and Google sheets
- Experience compiling metrics and providing reporting to clients including both data and executive summaries
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously within a collaborative, team environment
- 1+ years of experience in: SalesForce, Google Analytics, and Google Ad Manager (formerly DFP)
- Experience in WordPress is valuable but not mandatory
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Digital Account Manager”.
Head of AI Events Content
VentureBeat is seeking a leader to head up content for our events focused on artificial intelligence. The Head of AI Events Content will report directly to the CEO and will oversee speaker recruitment and content planning for VentureBeat’s portfolio of events, including Transform.
In this role, you will help determine the overarching themes for each of VentureBeat’s events and liaise with internal VB stakeholders in sales, marketing, and editorial.
You will also be responsible for proactively reaching out to top-tier executives and speakers, reviewing speaker submissions, ranking potential speakers, and securing selected speakers for each of VentureBeat’s events.
- 10 years of industry experience, preferably with experience in the tech space
- Strong familiarity with trends around data, AI, and cloud
- Experience securing C-level speakers for technology events
- Extensive personal network of executives, PR agencies, and representatives at top companies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence and articulate value in partnerships
- Passion for AI and transformative technologies
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Project management skills
- Strategy expertise a plus
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head of AI Events Content Position” and your name in the subject line.
Job Summary: The Managing Editor is a key leadership position within VB’s editorial team. Your goal will be to help drive the industry’s best coverage of data technologies and strategies for technical decision makers.
A revolution is unfolding, where all companies are becoming data driven — presenting both opportunity and risk. VB’s editorial aims to be the most helpful guide for technical decision-makers navigating this enterprise transformation.
You get to work with a tight-knit team that enjoys the coverage we produce. You will have a good eye for finding and pursuing compelling story angles and interesting people. You will have strong storytelling instincts. The Managing Editor will report to VB’s Executive Editor, and also work closely with VB’s CEO.
The primary mandate for the managing editor is to expand our external expert contributor program, where we reach out to practitioners, analysts and other decision-makers who are experts in their field to contribute thought-leadership articles to VB. While VB has done this for years, the goal is to significantly scale the program. This is a role where you will be collaborating daily with smart, interesting individuals from across the industry. You will also work closely with our existing guest post editor and the CEO on this initiative
The job can be done remotely, as VB becomes a remote-first and inclusive company. However, you won’t be working in isolation as the team communicates a lot, and bounces ideas off each other.
Responsibilities and duties include collaborating with other parts of the company, including events, where these contributors might also get involved. The role will eventually expand to managing a team of editors who reach out to outside contributors.
As in all growing companies, the managing editor at VB will be flexible with roles and responsibilities.
VB values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, to apply. VB is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish a template for managing outside contributors
- Hold a high standard of journalistic and personal ethics and integrity
- Scale the outside contributor program, helping nurture other editors to target relevant outside contributors
- Collaborate with CEO and guest post editor to refine the editorial strategy of the outside contributor program
Qualifications and Skills:
- requires 5+ yrs experience in editorial mgmt
- knowledge of the enterprise data technology landscape, including AI
- operational excellence, excellent communication and collaboration
- strong familiarity with news and analysis formats, as well as as SEO
- strong structural editing skills and the ability to turn ‘tricky’ copy into clear writing; the role involves working non-professional writers to get their ideas across
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Managing Editor” and your name in the subject line.