This post has not been edited by the GamesBeat staff. Opinions by GamesBeat community writers do not necessarily reflect those of the staff.
Bitmob prides itself on being more than the average game site. We are not beholden to the preview/review cycle. But we still love looking forward to games. And so do you.
We want to hear your thoughts about what's coming up in 2010. Are we going to see any surprises? Are we going to see any innovations? Will 2010 change the gaming landscape for years to come?
For our next callout, we want you to put on your prognostication hat and have a go at a game that is scheduled for release in 2010. You can take any angle you'd like in your article, but we want you to exercise some creative thinking.
The catch: After E3 and all the upcoming press events, we'll ask you to come back to your game and see whether your opinion has changed in any way.
Here's how you join in the fun:
1. Choose one (1) game that is scheduled for release in 2010.
2. Write an article about that game. Try to keep it concise. About 200-400 words should do it, but you can go longer.
3. Tag it with "Anticipated Games."
4. Submit your article by April 28, 2010.
Cover as many games as you wish, but make sure you submit a new article for each game you want to write about.
Stumped for ideas? Check out my sample article, or peruse the following questions to spur those creative juices:
- What game is unlikely to get released this year? Will the delay be developer related? A fiscal decision?
- Will new motion control methods ruin or improve any games slated for release?
- Is Deus Ex: Human Revolution ready for the console-dependent market?
- Will Fable 3 hold up to Peter Molyneux's hype?
- Will Medal of Honor properly reboot the series in a post-Modern Warfare world?
- Will Dead Rising 2 lose the charm of its predecessor?
- What in the world does Brink mean for the future of cooperative multiplayer?
- Is Epic Mickey a U.S.-developed Kingdom Hearts or something else entirely?
- Will Ghost Recon: Future Soldier push the third-person shooter forward? How about the tactical shooter?
- Just how many bugs will we see in Fallout: New Vegas? Will anyone care?
- Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 a step backward for Nintendo? Should they do sequels like this in the future?
- Is Metroid: Other M in the wrong hands?
And remember: You have one day left to get your controller articles in for Thursday's roundup.