Check out all the on-demand sessions from the Intelligent Security Summit here.
This week, Tech.eu tracked 10 technology M&A transactions and 66 tech funding deals totalling €371 million in Europe, Turkey and Israel
Here’s an overview of the 10 biggest European tech news items for this week:
1) Berlin-based SoundCloud, a popular music sharing and streaming platform, has raised $70 million in debt financing. The credit comes from Ares Capital, Kreos Capital, and Davidson Technology.
2) EU antitrust chief Margrethe Vestager said on Wednesday she was reviewing Facebook’s response to charges the US social network provided misleading information during its bid for messaging service WhatsApp which may result in a hefty fine for the company.
3) Also on Wednesday, Uber said it will move its international headquarters in Amsterdam to a larger building ahead of plans to increase staff to 1,000 from 400.
4) Israeli vehicle communications startup Autotalks has raised $30 million in a Series D round from new and existing investors.
5) Seven European countries announced on Thursday a joint initiative to acquire and deploy world-class high-performance computers, a project the European Commission says is comparable to the size of Airbus or the Galileo satellite navigation project.
6) VC firm Octopus Ventures has raised a £120 million tech investment fund to continue supporting AI startups in the UK.
7) Russian Qiwi, an electronic payments operator, is buying the Russian startup Flocktory, which produces SaaS software for customer management. Qiwi has agreed to pay 832.8 million rubles (around $14 million) in exchange for an 80 percent stake in the startup.
8) German online lamp shop Lampenwelt.de has received a major investment of €120 million, coming from the venture capital firm 3i. The company says 3i will also provide a short-term loan of €54 million.
9) Alibaba invests $150 million and partners with Mail.Ru Group for global games distribution plan.
10) Munich-based financial services company Wirecard has announced its acquisition of the online shopping tool Supr.
Bonus link: The Tech Nation 2017 report captures the pulse of the UK tech sector.
This post first appeared on Tech.eu.
You can subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.