Are you ready to bring more awareness to your brand? Consider becoming a sponsor for The AI Impact Tour. Learn more about the opportunities here.
Happy Friday! Here’s an overview of the 10 biggest European tech news items for this week:
1) Google has reached a settlement with Russia’s regulator in Android antitrust case brought by local rival Yandex.
2) Dutch startup Wercker has been acquired by Oracle for an undisclosed sum. The Amsterdam-based startup, which creates tools for testing and deploying code, had raised nearly $8 million in funding since its founding in 2012.
3) Spotify cleared another hurdle in the route to its IPO this week when it announced a multi-year licensing deal with Merlin, the global digital rights agency for the independent label sector.
4) Microsoft is lining up a bid to buy Israeli cloud-monitoring and analytics startup Cloudyn in a deal thought to be worth between $50-$70 million, according to a report in local Israeli business publication the Calcalist.
5) Swedish insurtech company BIMA, which brings mobile micro-insurance to underserved families in emerging markets, has raised $16.8 million.
6) EU antitrust regulators have approved the acquisition of the French security solutions provider Morpho by the US private equity firm Advent International. The deal is said to be worth €2.4 billion.
7) Venture capital firm Nauta Capital has closed its latest fund at $170 million to invest in tech companies at Series A rounds. This brings its total assets under management to $350 million.
8) The Russian telecom regulator Roskomnadzor announced this week that Twitter has agreed to the transfer its Russian users’ data to Russian servers by mid-2018.
9) Dome9 Security, an Israeli company specialising in cloud-based cybersecurity, has raised $16.5 million in Series C funding.
10) Microsoft announced that it will shut down Wunderlist in favour of its new app, To-Do.
Bonus link: Europe’s Surprising Tech Success (Project Syndicate)
Subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.