Check out all the on-demand sessions from the Intelligent Security Summit here.
This week, Tech.eu tracked 15 technology M&A transactions, one IPO, and 70 funding deals (totaling €294 million, about $320 million) in Europe, Turkey, and Israel.
Here’s an overview of the 10 biggest European tech news items for this week:
1) Naspers has sold Polish eBay rival Allegro to a consortium of private equity firms for $3.3 billion.
2) Amazon.com is considering offering internet service directly to consumers in Europe.
3) Time Out has bought London events startup YPlan for a mere £1.6 million in stock, after the company raised £31 million from big-name investors like movie star Ashton Kutcher, General Catalyst Partners, Shakil Khan, and Brent Hobermann.
4) Israel-based Oryx Vision announced a $17 million Series A funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners for a new kind of object-detection technology aimed at the blooming self-driving car market.
5) Website owners are free to store users’ internet addresses to prevent cyber attacks, the European Union’s top court said on Wednesday, rejecting a claim from a German privacy activist who sought to stop the practice.
6) Tencent said a consortium formed to buy game developer Supercell has raised $850 million by selling new shares to investors, including Chinese state-owned investment firms AVIC Capital and CITIC Capital.
7) Microsoft is seeking EU antitrust approval for its $26 billion bid for social network LinkedIn.
9) Intel’s fight against a record €1.06 billion EU antitrust fine received a boost on Thursday when a top European court adviser questioned whether the U.S. chipmaker’s actions had really harmed competition.
10) The Sonnen Group, a Wildpoldsried, Germany-based provider of intelligent battery storage, completed an $85 million financing round.
Bonus link: Meet the bioinformatics startups applying AI and machine learning to genetics to bring precision medicine to Europe.
This post first appeared on Tech.eu.
Subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.