Happy Saturday! This week, Tech.eu tracked 10 technology M&A transactions and 71 tech funding deals (totaling €360 million) in Europe, Turkey, and Israel:
1) Devialet, the French speaker company, has raised €100 million in a Series C round from several investors to boost its expansion in the U.S. and Asia.
2) U.S. software management group CA has agreed to buy Austrian business automation firm Automic from private equity group EQT in a €600 million deal as it seeks to expand in Europe.
3) German ecommerce investor Rocket Internet reined in losses at its main startups in Q3, but revenue growth slowed at meal delivery business HelloFresh and online furniture site Home24.
4) Danish apartment manager Novasol has agreed to take over the former Rocket Internet startup Wimdu for an undisclosed amount, a mere two months after Wimdu’s merger with 9Flats.
5) Berlin-based Clue, maker of a female health tracking app, has raised $20 million in a Series B round led by Nokia Growth Partners, with participation from Union Square Ventures (USV), Mosaic Ventures, Brigitte Mohn and Christophe Maire, Giving Wings, and FJ Labs.
6) American Momentous Entertainment Group (MEG) has agreed to buy the company behind German student social network StudiVZ and its sister network, MeinVZ, for $10 million in preferred stock.
7) Nokia-branded mobile phones are on sale, once again, and being marketed on the Finnish company’s website.
8) German video messaging app Dubsmash has landed €9 million.
9) BMW has announced that it plans to spend up to €500 million on new car technologies over the next 10 years through its iVentures division.
10) French broadcaster TF1 has taken a majority stake in French online video entertainment platform MinuteBuzz.
Bonus link: A new report from Atomico and Slush analyzes the lay of the land for European tech in 2016 and makes a case for why it is poised to thrive.
This post first appeared on Tech.eu.
Subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Discover our Briefings.