Missed the GamesBeat Summit excitement? Don't worry! Tune in now to catch all of the live and virtual sessions here.
Grand Theft Auto V is only a few months away from release. In September, we will get the chance to head to Los Santos for all the car-jacking fun we could ask for.
Today, developer Rockstar revealed that you don’t have to pay just $60 for Grand Theft Auto V. For $80, you can grab a Special Edition version of the game. For a whopping $150, you can get the Collector’s Edition.
For those 18-to-34 year-old gamers with disposable income, here is what comes in the Special Edition:
- Grand Theft Auto V game in collectible SteelBook case with exclusive art.
- Poster-sized blueprint map of Los Santos.
- In-game boost that will approve the regeneration time of the special-ability meter.
- Trials mode for the stunt plane.
- Bonus in-game outfits, tattoos, and more.
- Additional weapons including pistol, shotgun, and hammer.
The Collector’s Edition includes all of the above and the following:
- GTA V branded security-deposit bag and key.
- GTA V Los Santos branded ball cap
- Classic GTA characters in GTA Online
- Unique in-game vehicles and garage property
Both of these special releases will accompany the standard GTA V game on Sept. 17 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. They are available for preorder now.
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.